1970s/80s, screening questions prior to interview for a role at YMCA of Goderich:
"Describe two competencies you have and why they would be strengths in this position.
Share a challenge you have overcome and what did you learn from the experience.
If you do not currently live in Huron County, are you prepared to relocate to Huron County should you be the successful candidate for this position?
What is your salary expectation?
What is one challenge you anticipate facing in this position and what support will you need to work through it?"
The typical "tell me a time when...", 1980s style questions - they are really behind the times and their training for managers/supervisors (the ones who will be in the interview) is so out of touch with the 21st century. They should focus on how your previous experience at "x" employer could work into the job opportunity you are being interviewed for . . . not "here's a scenario where 'x' irate customer comes to complain and is not willing to listen, and demands to speak to your manager..." etc.
What qualities set you about from the other candidates?
What are the most important characteristics for this job?
How would you deal with an irate customer?
Because its a volunteer position for newcomers, the main requirement is a criminal background check.
When can you start
How would we handle certain situations in difficult moments?
do you have your first aid & criminal record check done?
are you ok with changing diapers?
what would you do if you had a difficult situation with a parent?
They asked case scenario questions about what we would do in a certain situation
- What should you wear to an interview at YMCA?19 personnes ont répondu
- Combien de temps dure le processus de recrutement chez YMCA?15 personnes ont répondu
- What are the perks offered by YMCA?13 personnes ont répondu
- What is the company culture at YMCA?13 personnes ont répondu
- Why did you leave your job at YMCA?10 personnes ont répondu
- I've applied for membership representative positions in the past but did not hear back. I was wonde…8 personnes ont répondu
- Combien d’heures en moyenne travaillez-vous par semaine chez YMCA?7 personnes ont répondu
- Quels conseils donneriez-vous à une personne ayant un entretien chez YMCA?7 personnes ont répondu
- Quels conseils donneriez-vous à la Direction de YMCA pour améliorer l'entreprise?7 personnes ont répondu
- How are the working hours?7 personnes ont répondu