I worked there for 6 years and due to wanting to leave the lifestyle of the GTA ... I would love to have that culture in a position here in Calgary. I enjoyed the work environment and people there. Great company!
Suncor is a great company to work for and in my last 19 years of working there, have enjoyed each and every day. Every morning I have looked forward to go to work. All the employs are treated respectfully and working environment is great. Safety above all else is the key behavior of the company.
Suncor also gives its employs flexibility to start and finish the work and the salary and benefits are excellent. Along with the work, there are other opportunities to volunteer during the year and give back to the community,
For the professional growth, inside the company, there are always options to grow by applying for positions within as its a big company.
Managers are very approachable and cross training is available in all the departments for individual growth.
Overall a Great company to work for!
Overall my experience at Indeed was mostly very positive. I learned enough to launch a sales career having no experience coming in, the "culture"'/benefits/perks were unbeatable. I really enjoyed the actual day to day of what I did at Suncor.
• Support / advise site management in their duty to implement company and site specific HSE policies and procedures (in a cooperative multi-union trade environment)
• Assure compliance with HSE compliance and procedures, promptly communicating concerns and recommendations to managers and / or supervisors for their action.
• Take immediate action on any imminent dangerous situations observed.
• Review / approve personal protective and safety equipment.
• Educate management and supervision in the applicable HSE policies and procedures.
• Ensure HSE orientation of site employees and subcontractor personnel.
• Ensure prompt and adequate treatment for injured employees and subcontractor personnel.
• Ensure adequate investigation and analysis of accidents (non-injury and injury).
• Provide HSE information for the education of management, supervision and employees
• Implement, communicate and document programs such as inspections, investigations, hazard analysis, hazard identification, root cause analysis, injury prevention and tracking, timely and safe return to work case management, reporting, and evaluation of continual improvement.
Its a good place to work for someone who wants do variety of indoor and infield work. I enjoyed my one year Co-Opposition in there very much. I have gained very good knowledge about work in oil refineries. My only complain was long commuting time from Hamilton to Mississauga location.
Suncor is a company who takes pride in it's employees in a challenging time. It is a company that is very big into charitable work and giving back to the community. All Suncor employees participate into events within the communities to give back.