• Support / advise site management in their duty to implement company and site specific HSE policies and procedures (in a cooperative multi-union trade environment)
• Assure compliance with HSE compliance and procedures, promptly communicating concerns and recommendations to managers and / or supervisors for their action.
• Take immediate action on any imminent dangerous situations observed.
• Review / approve personal protective and safety equipment.
• Educate management and supervision in the applicable HSE policies and procedures.
• Ensure HSE orientation of site employees and subcontractor personnel.
• Ensure prompt and adequate treatment for injured employees and subcontractor personnel.
• Ensure adequate investigation and analysis of accidents (non-injury and injury).
• Provide HSE information for the education of management, supervision and employees
• Implement, communicate and document programs such as inspections, investigations, hazard analysis, hazard identification, root cause analysis, injury prevention and tracking, timely and safe return to work case management, reporting, and evaluation of continual improvement.