Thoroughly enjoyed my two plus years at IR. Great people and competitive salary. Lots of opportunity to grow your skills set, however they can demand a lot at times (like any job I'm sure). Could have more emphasis on culture and team values.
All staff disliked each other and staff was useless as none of them had any true Idea of what was going on or even how the HVAC systems worked.
They claim they do not mix business and pleasure however the whole inside staff are friends from high school.
Bad poisonous atmosphere.
Great place to work.Made a lot of friends during my time with Ingersoll Rand. Management are very Helpful. Great place to Gain experience and gain exposure to CEO , VP and President of the company. Good work is recognized.
I would describe it as just average employer, however nobody should depend on it.
My review may be accurate, but is about 12 years old, this employer may be different at this time, if it went through several changes, reorganizing and restructuring.
The company that I worked for is no longer in business and was broken apart and sold. I must keep typing because the form wants more writing, so I'm going to keep typing desipte not having anything to say. I would like to add that if I designed the form I would let people say as much...or as little as they would like,
• Provided 2nd level (hands on) support in troubleshooting of HP and Dell laptops and desktop for Intact employees.
• Monitoring the performance of the hosted system using Citrix and other monitoring tools
• Maintain active directory in OU and group policy.
• Working as part of a team to deliver technical support services locally in Scarborough, as well as remote technical support to business locations within the Ontario region.
• Provide advanced 2nd level technical support and resolutions to end-user issues both face to face and over the phone
• Accountability for customer service requests per Service Level Agreement metrics
• Assist with troubleshooting of network, Active directory and server infrastructure.
• Execute standard client computing lifecycle processes including PC setup, deployment, and lease refresh.
• Install technology hardware and software that fulfill user requests according to standards or requirements.
Place orders for various asphalt road paver ware items Identifying the 100 best selling items & setting them into the computer with lead times for weekly suggested ordering. Switching from cardex to a computer system. set & maintain inventory levels for head office & 4 US warehouses.
Ordering stock based on salesman sales objectives with 6 month overseas lead times. Aid in expediting rush parts. Assist in implementing new computer ordering systems. Assist in identifying part returns. Adjust prices based on current costs.
Assist in sorting out production inaccuracies & getting engineering involved to correct the problem.
Assist on the customer service orders when things work smoothly.
Arranging appointments by telephone and by cold calling to review clients compressed air system to see if there was any way in which to improve the existing system to help lower energy costs. I learned how to sell and perform and air audit what to look for in a clients system where improvement could be made. ouHow to cross sell various other items that the company manufactured. Management was helpful and let you run your territory according to how you wanted to. Co-workers were helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was completing paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet new people and help the reduce their energy costs and provide superior products and services.
Working at Ingersoll was very productive, where I gained lots of experience which I can use in future career. Management was super and culture of the company was great. Good benefits, very understanding management style. It was great place to work for. Everybody was very helpful, supportive and friendly.
social activities, games, working together on projects and friendly culture