1. Carefully go over the job description. Particularly competencies.
2. Check linkedin for employees who work in the department you want to work in. Read their job descriptions, posts and general comments for a broader view.
3. Browse the Simcoe County website to get a broad understanding of the organization and it's services.
4. Prepare to be asked situational / behavioural questions that relate to key competencies they are looking for. The more senior your position the more difficult questions you must be prepared to answer.
5. You should type out all the questions and your responses in point form. Check online for situational/behavioural questions, there are plenty of examples:
6. Your responses should fall STAR > Situation, Task, Action, Result.
6. Rehearse your answers and try to commit the point form responses to memory. DO not memorize verbatim as you want to appear to be responding naturally to the questions as they are posed.
7. DO NOT bad mouth former employers, colleagues or bosses.
8. Keep eye contact and pay attention to your body language. (Check out youtube for advice on interview body language).
9. Dress appropriately and show up 10 minutes early.
If you follow all these steps you have a good chance of getting called back for a second interview.
All the best.
Quels conseils donneriez-vous à la Direction de County of Simcoe pour améliorer l'entreprise?
Address the systemic issue that is in the LTC sector for nursing leadership . Listen to what those who are leaving have to say. The high turn over is for a reason; look at the root problem. People are dishonest and un-supportive of new growth.
2 interviews, 2 days county of simcoe training, 4 shifts orientation within long term care facility upon hiring.