- Worked for this company for not one, but two summers, as a result of not being able to find alternative summer jobs
- Tasks included going door to door in order to 'prospect' clients, painting prep (sanding, scraping, priming, etc) , setting up ladders, painting
- You are not receiving an hourly wage, and often times the amount of money that you end up receiving is much lower than what you were 'quoted' for by your manager
- Manager (who is usually is 20 years old without any experience) budgets how many hours they think the job should be completed in. They are often WAY off on their estimates, and you'll end up working for peanuts
- On more than one occasion, I was instructed to setup and climb a ladder which was clearly unsafe (supposed to be 1 foot out for every 4 feet up)
- I once was told to scale a 40 foot ladder with less than 5 feet in between houses and the 'manager' said it was 'my problem'
- This ended up being the day that I walked away from the job site and never came back
Pay, Management, Culture