Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), Toronto, Ontario, Canada Oct 2014 ~ Dec 2016
SQL Server Production DBA (Permanent)
• Provided SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 Database deployment and maintenance, creating Jobs, configuring database logs, roles, user permissions, back up schedule and make database recovery.
• Created T-SQL queries to populate data and sent email with result attachment to respective business parties and external vendor by using SQL Server T-SQL and Excel VBA.
• T-SQL scripting and programming for regular maintenance tasks, ad-hoc queries and reports, data manipulation, and fixing data errors.
• Optimized SQL Server (2008/12/14) database performance, procedures, views, tables and indexes.
• Checked and monitored Hyper-V, database replication, log shipping, mirroring, backup/restore and maintenance jobs.
• Deployed SSIS Package to MSDB and File systems and Scheduled jobs to execute SSIS packages which were developed to update database objects daily and maintained nightly loads of data by creating the corresponding tasks.
• Supported production implementation for project releases and on-going maintenance, incident and problem solving, trouble-shooting, performance-tuning, and auditing.
• Created and maintained SQL Server database objects such as tables, stored procedures, views, customer defined functions, cursors and indexes using T-SQL on SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).