▪ Provided care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
▪ Administered bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
▪ Planned and prepared meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
▪ Performed routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
▪ May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
▪ Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse; report or record fluid intake and output; observe or monitor patients' status and document patient care on charts; administer first aid in emergency situations; collect specimens such as urine