BMO is a work on progress
Conseiller aux services bancaires courants (Employé actuel) – Montréal, QC – 13 juin 2019
- Good benefits Health/dental ins
- Management is chill. Recognition is based on stats and BMO values. Quarterly recognition system and yearly MVP's.
- Flexible schedules
- Small raises/ yearly bonus based on performance
- Good work culture overall (NACCC)
- Very good introduction to the world of banking and finance
- Very stats oriented as it is call center
- Lack of training and thus employee mistakes are common. Sad truth, but for one question one could have a different answer than another, unless the answer is black and white. Not necessarily wrong, but everyone either has the same answers to a question or multiple variations. Sometimes could be total bs.
- Understaffed (currently hiring to help wait times) and thus its call after call after call.
- Salaries are lower compared to other banks
- Various issues on processes or other that the bank is working on or will work into (Last year they invested a lot on hiring and improving things here and there)
- Schedules are based on seniority, so odds are you are not getting the one you want and most likely split days off working Sunday or Saturday in general
- Trend to not escalate issues unless customer calls back 3-4 times in a row for the same thing and have the customers wait it off.